Old 17-01-2012, 06:24 PM
Sparx Sparx is offline
Registered User

Default Brambles/nettles

Hello all, I am new to the forum and gardenening I have no knowledge in gardening what-so-ever .... Basically me and the mrs have moved into our new house but the gardens are terrible they was just full of 6ft high brambles and stinging nettles I have cleared all the vegetation out so now it's just a muddy mess we want to get a lawn laid down ... I was just going to dig the big clumps of bramble roots out then rotovator it and level it out then lay the turf but my father-in-law says if I just chop it up with the rotovator the brambles will just come back so I've started digging it over and taking all the roots out (Jesus you have never seen so many roots it's just like a mat of roots) but when I told my uncle he says that I should leave the new growth to come through then use a weed killer like round up or something so the roots die so I don't really know what to do I really want the quickest way ... Well actually the mrs wants the quickest way possible to get rid of them so we have got a lawn in time for our daughters birthday party so what would you guys suggest?
Thanks for reading Adam