Old 17-01-2012, 12:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy[_2_] Janet Tweedy[_2_] is offline

Default Ceanothus cuttings

In article , Charlie Pridham
writes
was also given a unit that works on sun light rather than air humidity
to operate but I have never seen them for sale, I use this as a mister
for the big greenhouse so stuff doest dry out, I have never seen them
offered for sale and it is not very controllable but there is a lot
less to it so I would imagine it would be a lot cheaper

You may consider a proper mist unit a good investment as you can (as I
do) use it for seed sowing, and keeping everything going while away on
holiday

Charlie do i need a water supply then or does it have a reservoir that
you top up?
I have soil warming cables at the moment plus a heated tray etc. stopped
using my hotbox about 4 years ago as it was too expensive to run even
just to a couple of degrees.

Wondered if a container of water on top of the sand and then a cover
would be the same? I.e. the water evaporates and causes humidity?

I will look at 2 west's dew point cabinets. The bottom of that is my
tray/bench that i got from them so presumably the top will fit!
Considering the amount of cuttings i take it might be wroth my
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph