Old 18-01-2012, 01:10 AM posted to aus.gardens
terryc terryc is offline

Default Parsley

Peter Costigan wrote:
We have had a row of parsley which were quite large start to rot off at
the crown. The roots look good, but the crown goes mushy. The first
sign is yellowing of the leaves and then the whole plant collapses
within a day or two. Over a few weeks a row of about 20 plants have gone.

Any clues? We are in the Southern Highlands NSW.

Do you get a lot of misty weather? I'm thinking fungal, but I've also
seen crown rot in carrots from borers/grubs.

Our flat parsley is a continual self sown pest/green mulch and it is one
thing that does grow well here.