Old 18-01-2012, 08:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Tescoes - Thompson Morgan

On Wed, 18 Jan 2012 08:33:25 +0100, Martin wrote:

Sainsbury's are always looking for new locations. Got any suggestions?

Not that they would take up, I'd suggest Alston but with maybe 2,000
households spread out over 100 sq miles it wouldn't be worth their
while. We have a Co-op and a Spar (under construction). It will be
interesting to see what happens to Co-op prices and product range
when the Spar opens.

The Co-op?

The local one doesn't offer delivery and doesn't carry quite a few
items we buy every week. Even if it did deliver if the charge was £2
it would be cheaper to go down to the store...

With the likes of Tesco/Asda they are a 60 odd mile round trip
(approx £25 @ 40p/mile, the real cost of running a vehicle) and even
a "quick shop" takes the best part of half a day. If I left now I'd
be lucky to get back by noon.

--
Cheers
Dave.