Old 18-01-2012, 04:18 PM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_11_] Billy[_11_] is offline

Default Brambles/nettles

In article ,
Sparx wrote:

'David Hare-Scott[_2_ Wrote:
;947451']

If by brambles you mean blackberries there is no eay way to do it. It
will
take time, patience and probably several rounds of killing and waiting
for
the next lot to come up. What area are you talking about clearing from

brambles? What season are you in now, when is the party?

David

Sorry yes I mean blackberry bushes some of them was up to and inch thick
I would say so they are quite established .... The back garden is about
40ft x 60ft
and the garden is full of them... We are in winter in the uk now the
party is in April doesn't sound like it will get done for then lol

A "come-along", and a good rope will give you a good start in removing
the mature brambles.
--

Billy

E Pluribus Unum

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.
- Dwight D. Eisenhower, 16 April 1953