Old 18-01-2012, 04:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Tomato Trellis Clips

On 18/01/2012 06:09, Neil wrote:
Here in Essex, we get lots of sunshine, but our plot is exposed to
wind, so tomato support needs to be secure. Having struggled with
biodegradable twine for a year or two, I'm considering a slight change
of strategy for this year's crop. I have a nice solid support frame,
and plan to string this with something durable, e.g. fishing line of a
suitable breaking strain (other suggestions welcome). I'd also like
to try out tomato trellis clips if I can find any, as I grow a fair
number of plants, and string ties take a lot of time. I'm aware that
Johnny's Seeds sell these in the U.S. (www.johnnyseeds.com/p-6245-
tomato-trellis-clips-100-count.aspx), but they won't ship to the UK,
and I can't find anyone who sells them here. Can anyone tell me where
I might find them? Thanks!

If you don't mind something not designed for that purpose, and what
they look like, you could try PVC pipe clips, such as:
http://www.screwfix.com/p/hinge-clip...k-of-100/19684

Many other designs and colours (but not green!) he
http://www.screwfix.com/c/heating-pl...lips/cat831642

--

Jeff