Old 19-01-2012, 05:55 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Neil[_4_] Neil[_4_] is offline

Default Tomato Trellis Clips

On Jan 18, 12:13*pm, Dave Hill wrote:
On Jan 18, 6:09*am, Neil wrote:

Here in Essex, we get lots of sunshine, but our plot is exposed to
wind, so tomato support needs to be secure. *Having struggled with
biodegradable twine for a year or two, I'm considering a slight change
of strategy for this year's crop. *I have a nice solid support frame,
and plan to string this with something durable, e.g. fishing line of a
suitable breaking strain (other suggestions welcome). *I'd also like
to try out tomato trellis clips if I can find any, as I grow a fair
number of plants, and string ties take a lot of time. *I'm aware that
Johnny's Seeds sell these in the U.S. (www.johnnyseeds.com/p-6245-
tomato-trellis-clips-100-count.aspx), but they won't ship to the UK,
and I can't find anyone who sells them here. *Can anyone tell me where
I might find them? *Thanks!

In the States a lot of people grow their tomatoes in cageshttp://www.420magazine.com/forums/frequently-asked-questions/119984-t...
You could make them from Sheep netting cut to size.
David

Thanks, David. This is something I may try in future years when my
4x2 frame is spent. For now I'm trying to refine an almost-complete
support system which works quite nicely for growth of up to 6ft.

--Neil.