Old 20-01-2012, 09:27 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
harry harry is offline

Default Peas

On Jan 19, 5:32*pm, Retyred
wrote:
I planted my peas about three months ago , very few of them have come up
,and those that have are being eaten away. any suggestions as to what
this is and possible treatment

Peas will rot in cold wet ground, also mice dig them up and eat them.
I plant mine in 2m lengths of plastic gutter in the conservatory.
They come up in about a fortnight.
I then transferr them outside. I slide them out of the gutter into pre-
cut furrows.
That way, you get about 99% success rate and if you keep repeating the
operation, a succession of peas.