Old 20-01-2012, 10:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default fuchsia gall mite

Derek Luther derek.luther utout wrote:
Thanks for the information but what I was seeking was actual locations
of outbreaks. All I require is the postcode. I have already plotted over
forty outbreaks none of which is more than about 10 miles from the
coast. I am well aware of all published details of this pests.

I can't help with your research, as this was a new one on me, but I was
reading the Saturday Independent earlier (yes, I'm a slow reader,
apparently!) and it was listed as the 6th most annoying garden pest (after
slugs+snails, vine weevil and, umm, 3 others that I can't recall offhand.
Which would imply it's spread quite a bit already.