Old 21-01-2012, 09:16 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default What varieties of veg do farmers grow

On Jan 20, 11:00*pm, kay wrote:
ZeroZero;947664 Wrote:

No I am not saying that. But I am saying that (given the caveats above)
that often the varities are high yield and fast growing

Looke everyone *I know there are pros and cons, but what I am after is
the names of varieties.

I grew some brussles last year - in excellent conditions - the sprouts
were few on the stem and did not grow large.
Buying a stalk from a supermarket its packed with large size sprouts and
they tasted fine to me

What was the variety?

Try googling commercial vegetable seed variety

This company sells seeds to the commercial market:
'Brussel Sprouts | Tozer Seeds' (http://tinyurl.com/74m3e4u)

--
kay

Or you could keep a couple of sprouts and root them, grow them on and
let them flower and then collect the seed.