Old 21-01-2012, 01:21 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
phorbin phorbin is offline

Default Composting horse manure?

In article ,
says...
"phorbin" wrote in message

Is anyone at all still concerned about aminopyralid in manure?

No. And I'm not concered about any other forms of goobers in manure either.

AKA Milestone (Dow)... and others in the same class of persistent
herbicide.

Billy has the right of it... --Even then, if the hay season goes wrong
and they have to buy hay, the manure can become contaminated.

The issue dropped off my horizon for awhile but a very quick search
revealed problems still arising in the UK, USA and a whiff of concern in
Oz as of 2011.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environmen...ul/15/vegetabl
es-disease-aminopyralid-pesticide

http://aussieorganicgardening.com/?p=1078

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?not..._fb_noscript=1

With this in mind I'm going to suggest to my wife that we should put
together a pre-season advisory flyer for our community gardeners.

Gotta keep a step ahead.