Old 21-01-2012, 04:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Today's Jobs

Nick has decided that the 'patio' area next to the shed on the allotment
needs sorting out. He does have a habit of picking the least urgent thing
to concentrate on, unfortunately. :-(

So today he has cleared and lifted the flags that are already there,
rotorvated under it, we've dug it out to about 6" below the surrounding
height, filled* it with rubble, then the plan is to put weed blanket down,
replace the flags, and ... well, he has Plans. I'm dubious, but hey ho.

And whilst that was happening, the boys and I have cleared out all the
remnants in their raised bed (which I kept stealing last year, but this year
it's meant to be All Theirs) - marigolds still in flower removed, weeds
removed, potatoes that I didn't even know were there dug up, some leeks
removed, and a load of Accidental Garlic taken out. Wasn't sure whether to
poo it and cover, or re-plant the garlic, but in the end i put the garlic
back in (yep, I'm 'stealing' their bed again!!)

Started cutting down the raspberries, but didn't get very far. But did
manage to weed out some twitch and blackberries that were taking over there.

I'm a bit tired now. (Nick is in the bath)