Old 20-04-2003, 12:20 PM
Setzler

Default Blueberries 1st year de-budding

I never heard of debudding blueberries, and I have 9 bushes and never did it.
They are in full bloom and beautiful, now.

susan

Tim B wrote:

I have some new blueberry bushes, covered with blooms, very pretty. I read
somewhere that I should not allow them to set fruit the first year, but
should pinch off all the blooms instead. So I've been out to do it several
times and every time I see how pretty they are and how many berries there
will be and I leave the blooms on. I'm presuming they'd fruit next year if
they spend this year growing. But ... they seem perfectly fine and I
hesitate to de-bud them unless I really should. Advice?