Old 21-01-2012, 10:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Dumper tracks in lawn

On Sat, 21 Jan 2012 17:48:18 +0000, Spider wrote:

In some of your pics, the dumper tracks appear to have compacted the
soil, causing water to lie on the surface. You need to open up and
aerate the soil here before you start filling in.

Yes, particularly the snakey path between the plants. That really
needs forking open to the depths of a fork. Some of the others don't
look to bad just single back and forth pass? I'd be tempted to leave
those and see what they look like once the grass has started to grow
and the rain has washed the squidged up mud off.

If by late spring/early summer there is a noticable dip I'd cut down
the center of the dip cut and fold the turf back, bung some top soil
in, lightly compact and fold the turf back down and roll.

If it all needs doing it might be (will be!) easier to hire a turf
cutting machine and lift the turf rather than just a slit and fold
back.

--
Cheers
Dave.