Old 23-01-2012, 09:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default I am now using an electric fence around my garden pond.

My fence uses several strands of string with wires in it on plastic
poles. I am wondering how they keep electric netting from making
contact with the ground?

Doug.- Hide quoted text -

With the electric netting the bottom strand does not caryt any
electric, so you have a couple of inches before you start with
currant, so keep the grass cut short below the fence.
You slope the fence outwards so that contact is made with the fence
before anything starts digging at the base of the fence.