Old 23-01-2012, 11:00 AM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal,uk.rec.gardening
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default Metal theft. The biters bit

In article , Steve O
scribeth thus
On 20/01/2012 18:51, harry wrote:
Not for the faint hearted this one!
http://www.thegaragegazette.com/index.php?topic=8130.0

Judging by the dried foam on his head and the fire spread, it looks as
if these two were still alight or smouldering nicely when the emergency
services arrived.
I think it would be useful for police to consider using these images in
a warning campaign to deter metal thieves.

They know what there're doing, and they know that getting killed is a
risk they take, but that doesn't stop them.

We had a comms site a while ago where they took SIX inches yes 6 inches
of earthing braid, thats like what connects car batteries to the
metalwork of the car in older vehicles.

What that was worth I don't know. Hardly worth the fuel to drive out to
a lone hill top and nick just that. Fuel, I wonder where they got that
from;-?...

--
Tony Sayer