Old 23-01-2012, 12:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Today's Jobs

Bob Hobden wrote:
Planted 6 garlic cloves that had sprouted and weren't put in the garlic
bread last night into tall pots. Have to confess, I don't know how garlic
grows. Onions you plant near the surface and just kinda swell up. BUt
garlic should be deeper? But does it go further down, or grow from where
the clove is planted?

Grows from where you planted it. So the grown bulb will be under the ground
and will need digging up, it will not push up above ground like an
onion/shallot.

*nod* I always put my onions in too deep, but garlic goes 'missing'. Hence
why I hae a whole row of new garlic plants this year where last year's were.
:-)