Old 23-01-2012, 12:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Disposing of twitch/couch grass

wrote in message
Nick has done some more of the patio, and I have rescued the very first
bit
of allotment that i ever dug out which has long since turned into a huge
weed patch.

Speaking of which ...

I have a whole compost bin full of non-compostables, such as couch grass
and
dandelions. What's the best way of disposing?

I think drowning has been suggested, which is ok for nettles, but I'm
concerned that the twitch, being as it is, won't rot properly in water and
will just grow again if allowed to.

Bonfire
Black Bin Bags and your Public Dump
Black Bin Bags, turn upside down and leave them behind the shed for a year.
Depending on your council. ................... Dustbin

We dispose of ours as we get them into the weekly dustbin collection.

Mike