Old 20-04-2003, 12:56 PM
Craig Cowing

Default [IBC] pinus strobus backbudding!!

Iris Cohen wrote:

Yes, they do when properly encouraged. My 3-year old pre bonsai also has a few
buds here & there. I don't remember if it was you, but somebody told me not to
cut the branches back until the new bud was just about completely grown.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)

I don't think that was me, that might be a good idea. I suspect that the buds are
a bit on the weak side. The new buds I have are very small compared to the candles
on the tips. On the branches that have new buds I'll probably pinch the candles a
bit more than usual.

Craig Cowing
NY
Zone 5b/6a