Old 25-01-2012, 03:44 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Two out of five rotting

On 1/24/12 6:11 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:
I bought five of these (rather pricey) plants for planter box on my
front porch (N.facing).

http://tinypic.com/r/2i7yfb/5

They did fine until I noticed the far right one was turning black.
Now the one next to it is also infected -- or whatever is wrong.

I didn't save the tag, so does anyone know the name?

Also why this is happening, and do I need to move the other 3 to avoid
whatever it is?

TIA

HB

Probe the soil. Is it soggy? Even if the planter has drainage, it
might be too wet.

These look like fortnight lilies (Dietes iridiodes, also known as D.
vegeta), but I can't tell for sure unless they bloom.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see