Old 25-01-2012, 02:04 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default Composting horse manure?

Farm1 wrote:
songbird wrote:

before i'd changed my habits i was getting
sick several times a month. now it's once
or twice a year (if that).

What the .........??? Getting sick one of twice a year is appalling and as
for 'several times a month'!!!!!!

i wouldn't mind skipping those too! but if
you live around people or go out in public it's
very hard to avoid all bugs.

What on earth are you eating? Or perhaps more to the point, where are you
eating?

_was_, i used to eat fast-food three to five days
a week, but i also was using a lot of low cost budget
chicken once or twice a week. and i had a on-going
food sensitivities going on which were part of the
trouble. so even if the meat was well cooked and i
always did right with food handling it still meant
i'd get sick once in a while.

stopping fast-food solved some of the problem.
not eating chicken regularly made another chunk
of difference and then figuring out the remaining
food sensitivities and getting my gut bacteria
population "reset" took care of the most the rest
of it. now it's just a once in a while thing --
usually from when we try a new place out. so far
my great weaknesses i keep to "treats" once every
few months now and i'm being more careful there too
so they aren't causing me problems.

songbird