Old 20-04-2003, 01:33 PM
Charlie

Default Cats and Rabies

Yup, when they went back for their year-later boosters. Amazing, eh? Just
asked my friend (who bred our first dog) and all her dogs were done too.
Her cat wasn't though, as it was born on the farm and never registered.
Interesting.

Charlie.

"Malcolm" wrote in message

In article , Charlie
writes
"Malcolm" wrote in message
In article , Kay Easton
writes
In article , Charlie
writes
Well, we had to have all ours done (two dogs and a cat) before they

were
12
weeks old. Maybe things have changed recently.

For rabies???
Ours never have been - they've been vaccinated against cat flu and the
other similar thing and against 'cat HIV', but I've never seen a vet
offering rabies jabs as routine.

But then you did mention pedigree, and my cats certainly aren't that.

Well our dog is and had the usual jab at about 8 weeks to guard against
distemper, parvovirus and a few other things and gets an annual

booster.
I've never heard of routine vaccination against rabies for cats or dogs
in this country unless they are going abroad. Shome mishtake, shurely?

Just looked at our records, and indeed both dogs and our cat were

vaccinated
for rabies at between 9 and 12 weeks old.

Astonishing! I hope you weren't overcharged for this unnecessary(1)
jab!! And, like other vaccinations, it has to be repeated at regular
intervals. Were yours given booster jabs?

(1) unless you had told your vet you might take your animals abroad.

--
Malcolm

---