Old 29-01-2012, 09:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default Doom and Gloom?

On Sun, 29 Jan 2012 20:30:28 +0000, kay
wrote:

Christina Websell;948602 Wrote:
"Jake" Nospam@invalid wrote in message
...-
Maybe it's part of a "rescue Peacocks" campaign - we all need to rush
into the local Peacocks' store and buy all their thermal underwear :-)
-
Probably not - I've never heard of a Peacock store.

Bon Marché is a Peacock store, according to press reports.

"Was" is now better than "is". the BM chain has already been sold off
by the administrators.

Peacocks was one of the Welsh success stories and I know a lot of
their (now former) HQ employees as before they moved into their "new"
Headquarters (not that long ago), they rented offices on one of the
commercial estates I manage. It's a real shame. I was always impressed
by the commitment which everyone had to the company and their pride in
the part, however small, they played in its success.

Cheers, Jake
Urgling happily from the dryer end of Swansea Bay where
the four seasons are salt,pepper,mustard and vinegar.