Old 29-01-2012, 10:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default How much time do you spend in your garden at the weekend

On Sun, 29 Jan 2012 15:57:39 +0000, tommy060289

results, please visit http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/showth...hreadid=202007
Question: How much time do you spend in your garden at the weekend

- Weekend (day time) - 0-2 hours
- Weekend (day time) - 2-5 hours
- Weekend (day time) - 5-8 hours
- Weekend (day time) - 8-10 hours
- Weekend (day time) - 10+ hours
- Weekend (evening) - 0-2 hours
- Weekend (evening) - 2-5 hours
- Weekend (evening) - 5-8 hours
- Weekend (evening) - 8-10 hours
- Weekend (evening) - 10+ hours

They do say weekend in this poll, its because there is two polls
running.

and kay, sorry for any confusion caused - I'm basically after the time
people spend in the garden where they are running a feature like a water
feature or some lighting. The two polls should allow me to see roughly
where people spend the time (daytime vs evening and weekday vs weekend)
and how much time they spend during these times.

I agree with you that the poll has the potential for bias but I am
running it in multiple forums for different interests to try and cancel
out any bias and get a reasonable average. Thank you for voting if you
have.

Tommy

As far as GardenBanter is concerned, as Kay says, it's only a portal
to this newsgroup (delve a bit into GardenBanter and you'll find the
info about this). IME, GardenBanter contributors appear when they want
to ask a question. Members of this group (URG) answer and the
GardenBanter contributor then disappears until they want to ask the
next question. URG members are not generally GardenBanter members and
so cannot vote in any poll, nor will we actually see those polls, only
some representation of them. I'd guess that you'll have very few

I have a pond with a mains powered pump in it which pumps the water
through a filter and all that, and feeds a small waterfall and a
fountain. It works on a timer whether or not I'm in the garden; indeed
whether or not I'm in the house at all. I have a lot of solar powered
lighting in the garden which comes on at dusk whether or not I'm in or
out. If I spend time in the garden whilst the pond pump is working or
the solar lighting is on that's pure co-incidence. Is your survey
looking for times when someone goes into the garden and actively turns
the water feature on? If so, my answer would be "zero".

I also have mains powered lighting but this is only used for "events"
when there's no gardening going on; rather the garden is an extension
of the house and we're entertaining guests outdoors or just enjoying a
glass or two on our own. We couldn't count the time as "per week" or
"per weekend"; it's "when it happens".

To be honest, though, I think you need to rethink your questions.

Cheers, Jake
Urgling happily from the dryer end of Swansea Bay where
the four seasons are salt,pepper,mustard and vinegar.