Old 30-01-2012, 11:10 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default Doom and Gloom?

On 30 Jan 2012 10:53:17 GMT, wrote:

Janet wrote:
Peacocks was one of the Welsh success stories

When I was a student in Wales the local Peacocks was a favourite shop..
incredibly cheap.

Was it a particularly Welsh thing? I've certainly seen them in the NW. I
have 1 solitary pair of Peacocks knickers (plain, cotton, navy-ish blue).
Although they may have been lost to the great 'throw the tatty knickers
away' drawer (hoho) clearout last year.

Not really; originally founded in Warrington but moved to Cardiff in
the 40s. There are over 500 stores in the UK. Then there's the 200
overseas in places like Russia, Malta, Poland, Bahrain and another 16
countries.

Cheers, Jake
Urgling happily from the dryer end of Swansea Bay where
the four seasons are salt,pepper,mustard and vinegar.