Old 30-01-2012, 02:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default Doom and Gloom?

In article 097c5009-e0c3-401b-a1ce-b84307f83e96
@k28g2000yqc.googlegroups.com, says...

On Jan 30, 12:00*pm, Janet wrote:
In article ,
says...

Janet wrote:
Peacocks was one of the Welsh success stories

*When I was a student in Wales the local Peacocks was a favourite shop..
incredibly cheap.

Was it a particularly Welsh thing? *I've certainly seen them in the NW.

* I don't know; I remember another Peacocks in Hereford *in the 50's/60's
but I've never seen one in the south east or in Scotland.

* Janet.

Peacocks is a Cardiff-based company, which employs more than 400 at
its HQ,
It now has more than 600 stores and concessions in the UK, and 117
stores around the world. The expansion into Russia and Eastern Europe
has been particularly successful.
It also bought the Yorkshire-based retailer Bon Marche 10 years ago.
David @ the wet end of Swansea Bay where we have snow granules falling
all morning

Just looked them up and found branches in central Scotland, two of which
I must have passed close by scores of times :-)

Janet