Old 31-01-2012, 12:09 AM
uriel13 uriel13 is offline
Registered User

[/quote]

Hi All,

I have taken a 5 gallon plastic barrel with stop cock (old beer brewing barrel) down to my plot. Now in early March, dependant on weather I will start a batch of EM's in my shed. Having one 45 gallon water butt for the purpose ensures plenty of rain water for my needs.

I should also say that the cap has been drilled whereby a beer brewing airlock can be fitted to exclude air from the process.

During this time I will prepare my half plot for the season, when I have removed as much perennial weed root as possible it will be time to water the soil with concentrated EM's. It is my belief that EM's will establish the necessary conditions for a TP type soil to become a reality within our earth.

As I have said before EM's have been shown to have these effects in Japan in cleansing both soil, fresh, and salt water. I will have more to say on the subject of water cleansing in the near future as I have been involved in an project which is now coming to an end.

Now although I have done this before I feel that it is like an annual spring clean of the soil and certainly will do no harm to the soil. As long as EM's are the dominant species within the soil, the consequence should be less disease inducing micro-organisms to harm our crops!!

I feel that I require to say again that the purpose of EM's is to establish, and or, re-establish the balance of Mother nature within the soil. Life as I understand it is about balance, this is something that we modern humans seem to have forgotten!!!

EM's are the soil cleansers outnumbering the bad bacteria, fungi and the like, they also have the ability to cleanse the soil of residual weed killers, inorganic fertilisers and pest control substances. I may be wrong but this is what I believe they are capable of. Its like starting with a clean slate every season.

This is especially so if you have left seaweed on top of your soil over winter. These EM's will breakdown any residual salt water residue within the soil into the trace elements which bring health to our crops.

I read an article recently which disputed the assertion that EM's are a fertiliser for the soil. Being intrigued I read on and having mulled it over in my mind, am in agreement with what was said. EM's are not a fertiliser though they may give this impression by increasing the growth of crops.This however I now believe is due to their enhancing the uptake of nutrition.This is accomplished through reducing nutrients within the soil to a state where they are more easily assimilated by the roots of crops.

This I might add is true for all crops, not just VAM type crops, therefore Brassica, Beet, Turnip and the like should all benefit from this breakdown of nutrients. Isn't Mother nature wonderful when you work with her instead of against her!!!!!

The true worth of EM's is in their ability to bring life back into the soil, they, I believe perform functions of which we as yet know nothing of. As always they do it anyway regardless of our lack of knowledge simply because that is their task when allowed to do so!!!!!

Having drenched my soil with neat EM's and left it for about 2 or 3 weeks I will start to plant. I will also use EM's in diluted form to protect my crops. This dilution I will use as a foliar spray for disease prevention.

Now away back at the beginning of this experiment I had said that only a very few of the TP sites were near the coast. Therefore TP did not have any salt in its make up, or was really a part of the essence of the soil.

This was and still is true regarding the position of these sites, however since then I have modified my thinking on salt water, kelp and other products which originate in salt water.

Basically this is because rain water is evaporated sea water which rises high into the atmosphere to become clouds. These clouds then vent this water as rain which is replete with all of the nutrients of sea water. So in effect there is nowhere on the planet that escapes the nutritional effects of salt water!!!

I have always said that this is an ongoing learning experience and so it has proved to be. There will be many more times when I will require to re-evaluate how and what I think. However I believe that I can see light at the end of the tunnel!

Becoming aware of how Mother nature actually works has opened my eyes to the fact that, although science has delved deeply into all aspects of life on this planet it never really talks about balance!!! It is almost like a taboo subject which has no place in the scheme of things scientific.

Now since Mother nature seems dedicated to balance and mutual symbiosis it is difficult to see how science can unlock her secrets without embracing her ideology.

These are only my thoughts others will disagree.

The mind is like a parachute its totally useless unless its open