Old 31-01-2012, 10:57 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
AL_n AL_n is offline

Default Propagator trays for vegetables - how many cells?

wrote in news:9opqakF7p7U1
@mid.individual.net:

chris French wrote:
You don't say what veg.
60's will do for things like leeks, onions.
40's will do for a range of things
24's for larger things like marrows etc
The more info you give the better will be your answer

FWIW, for a lot of things (courgettes, melons, sweet peas, sweetcorn) I
would always use root trainers rather than modules.

We grow sweetcorn, peas, beans etc. in Rootrainers, but squashes,
courgettes, etc. tend to grow in smallish pots.

That's probably better, but the root trainers tesselate better. :-)
Seed planting time is always a bit of a, erm, squash.

Thanks to all for the replies. The mention of root trainers prompted me to
do a search, which turned up an intereting thread in another forum, about
using loo roll tubes, 'newspaper pots' and other devices. See he
http://tinyurl.com/7jhfe4x

Al