Old 31-01-2012, 11:10 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
AL_n AL_n is offline

Default Propagator trays for vegetables - how many cells?

chris French wrote in
:

FWIW, for a lot of things (courgettes, melons, sweet peas, sweetcorn)
I would always use root trainers rather than modules.

We grow sweetcorn, peas, beans etc. in Rootrainers, but squashes,
courgettes, etc. tend to grow in smallish pots.

I vaguely recall (from my few past efforts), that I used to always sow two
seeds in each cell or pot (in case one didn't germinate). Is this normal
practice, and if both seeds germinate, is it advisable to destroy one of
the seedlings?

Al