Old 31-01-2012, 01:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
AL_n AL_n is offline

Default Propagator trays for vegetables - how many cells?

chris French wrote in
news
Depends on the plant (and the costs of the seeds). For things that
germinate well enough (which is probably most things for us), then we
just plant one seed in a module - if a few don't germinate I'd rather
that than loads of unwanted plants.

Yes, I can see this makes more sense. How about the potting medium? What is
cheap but effective? I remember getting annoyed by some potting mixes that
didn't seem to absorb water easily; it just tended to float on the water
and not absorb it readily!

Al