Old 31-01-2012, 02:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Propagator trays for vegetables - how many cells?

chris French wrote in
news

I vaguely recall (from my few past efforts), that I used to always sow
two seeds in each cell or pot (in case one didn't germinate). Is this
normal practice, and if both seeds germinate, is it advisable to
destroy one of the seedlings?

Depends on the plant (and the costs of the seeds). For things that
germinate well enough (which is probably most things for us), then we
just plant one seed in a module - if a few don't germinate I'd rather
that than loads of unwanted plants.

but if you do double sow, and get extra plant, you can either destroy
one , or prick it out as you prefer.

You took the words out of my mouth.

Baz