Old 31-01-2012, 09:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Add hair to a compost pile

"Dick Adams" wrote in message
Question: Is it ok to add hair to a compost pile?

I'm talking about dog hair, cat hair, and human hair.
Has anyone done it?

Yes, it's ok to do it, but as others have said, during the spring I put pet
combings into a mesh birdfeeder and it is eagerly taken by blue tits etc to
line their nests.
When I clear out the nestboxes in my garden during the winter, it's so nice
to see an empty nest lined with the hair I provided.