Old 31-01-2012, 10:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Add hair to a compost pile

On 31/01/2012 19:21, Janet wrote:
In , says...

We put hair out in chicken wire bags, hung from trees. Birds take it
for nesting. Personally, I wouldn't want to put hair in the compost
bin. I doubt it would do any harm, but it doesn't break down well.

I've not found that.

Janet

No doubt it depends on the hair type, but some hair and especially human
hair persists long after death. I've certainly found hair, both human
and animal, lingering in my garden long after its cute and fluffy by
date :~/

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London