Old 20-04-2003, 04:08 PM
Paul Kelly

Default Garden Centre Pricing

"Stephen G" wrote in message
s.com...
Last week my wife bought a Yucca plant at a local garden centre for
£6.99. We went to the same grden centre yesterday and Yukka's of the
same size were £10.99 is this because Easter is a traditional time for
buying plants and garden centres being able to charge more? Has anyone
else found this problem?

Might be for any one of a number of legitimate reasons: Clearing old stock
ready for the new Easter stock, larger pot size for the higher priced plant
(even tho' plant might be same height), different type (50% difference in ex
nursery trade price from my usual sources)

Or it might just be responding to higher seasonal demand.

pk