Thread: Preen In Corn?
View Single Post
  #23   Report Post  
Old 20-04-2003, 04:32 PM
Pam

Default Preen In Corn?

David Simmons wrote:

Pam wrote in message news:

Suggest you do some further reading (and include some scientific studies rather than simply relying solely on
environmental organizations with their own agenda) - trifluralin is "suspected" of being an endocrine
disruptor, however the endocrine disrupting potential of chemical pesticides is considered to be negligible
compared to those ED sources found in waste treatment plants, animal manure and dietary supplements - heck,
soybeans, apples, wheat and peas are KNOWN endocrine disruptors!

Sorry, but if an organization's "agenda" is to protect the public, I
may be a lot more inclined to believe them than a corporation or its
serfs.

The information presented was not provided by any corporate entity or its "serfs' but by recognized health agencies
and scientific papers, among them the Japanese Institute for Health Science and the Canadian Center for
Occupational Health and Safety and the EXTOXNET Pesticide Profiles.

I am not in the practice of defending the chemical pesticide megacorps nor advocating the use of pesticides - I am
simply attempting to increase awareness and provide established information, rather than resorting to eco-scare
tactics which are unsubstantiated and are counterproductive to the serious scientific basis underlying the
pesticide reform movement. Pesticide reform is needed and necessary, but it is not going to be accomplished by
those out there labeling all pesticides and their use as evil and poisonous without understanding or knowledge of
the product in question. And that includes a great many so-called organic or natural products, which can be as
toxic and as detrimental to human health with repeated or overuse as any chemical product.

The key to pesticide use is knowledge. The more you know, the more you are able to make informed decisions and that
in a nutshell is what it all boils down to. If you want to remain uninformed, that is your business, but don't you
dare chastise me or anyone else for attempting to provide enlightenment supported by scientific research if you
yourself don't know the facts.