Old 02-02-2012, 02:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Homecomming

On Feb 2, 11:30*am, Jake Nospam@invalid wrote:
On Thu, 02 Feb 2012 10:58:19 GMT, Baz wrote:
harry wrote in news:b1d29570-c4c4-4ff8-8c8e-
:

On Feb 1, 7:38*pm, Dave Hill wrote:
You say *"After all his training",
As what?

Policeman wasn't it?

Yes, and he is not happy all of a sudden.
I think that he has realised how much of a cess pit we live in. The
violence in a high street after the pubs have closed and how to deal with
it when the kebab shop has a queue and some drunken yobs take a swing at a
female community cop when they surely are stronger than the lass. Then it's
taser, and warnings about it. Pure violence for violence sake. And then
there are riots...

Baz

I wonder though, Baz, whether the army will be that different. By the
time your son finishes his army training Britain should be pulling out
of Afghanistan and unless something similar crops up, "active" service
may well be limited to joining UN or NATO peacekeeping missions -
dealing with on-the-street issues. It'll just be that instead of
someone taking a swing they'll fire a gun or lob a grenade. I doubt
he'll get much satisfaction from changing guard at Buckingham Palace.

Still, he's got to find his own niche and good luck to him wherever
that is.

Cheers, Jake
Urgling happily from the dryer end of Swansea Bay where
the four seasons are salt,pepper,mustard and vinegar.- Hide quoted text -

I'd have thought that with his background he would be able to get into
the Milatary Police, his experience should count .