Old 03-02-2012, 12:09 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default £360 for a snowdrop?

"Fuschia" wrote in message
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-16789834

I've send this link to my German friend who brought over with her, when she
visited me, some beautiful double ones.
They sulked for the first year in English soil and only sent up leaves but
after that they flowered beautifully.
They are always weeks behind my ordinary ones and are only showed white a
week ago.
Now you would think, given the weather she has there during the winter,
minus a million and huge snow, that they would appreciate it here and come
up first but no!