Old 20-04-2003, 04:56 PM
Bobby

Default Badly weeded area

It's so badly weeded that I'm tempted to kill the whole area and then dig it
up and start again (it's a small area at the side of my house). Does that
make sense? If so, what's the best weedkiller to use on an area than you
plan to grow grass?

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

"Alan Gould" wrote in message
In article , Bobby
writes
There's a small area at the side of my house that is badly weeded. It

was
never properly grassed and is now a mixture of grass and weeds. What's

the
best way to fix this? Should I simply dig-up the whole lot and plant

more
grass? I'm a newbie to gardening and I'm not sure how to do this.

Cheers.

If you mow it regularly, most of the weeds will subside. The remainder,
such as clover, daisies, buttercups etc. will like lawn conditions and
will re-appear unless you re-soil and re-seed the area.

Or you can water it with Verdone, which is a weed killer for use on

grassed
areas.

Alan