Old 20-04-2003, 05:32 PM
Warren

Default A recycled water question

Compostman wrote:
Everyone who has answered this question seems to ignor that the

original
poster said that the discharged water would be from either the

warm/cold or
cold/cold washing cycles. Maybe the responders don't do laundry.

Cold/cold
means cold wash and cold rinse. That obviously should not be too hot.
Warm/cold means warm wash and cold rinse. So the only issue is the

warm
water. Warm wash water probably less than 100 degrees. I doubt very

much
that it would be too warm to harm the plants in the garden. The

poster
didn't ask about the soap, but that would really be my question.

When someone asks the question, "If I hit my head repeatedly with a
hammer, will the blood splatter on the wall" is going to generate a lot
of responses on how hitting their head with a hammer may cause brain
damage or death, and few people who even bother to address how far the
blood would splatter.

Likewise when someone asks about the water temperature effect on their
garden when using discharge from their laundry is likely to get far more
the temperature of the water.

If we answered just the question about the blood, the guy with the
hammer might think that it's a good idea to hit his head with a hammer.
If we answered just the question about the water temperature, the guy
wanting to water his garden with water polluted with phosphate and
bleach might think it's a good idea.

There are times that the original poster's question is based on such a
flawed concept that the concept needs to be addressed far more than the
specific question asked. This was one of those questions.

--
Warren H.

to go outside now.