Old 04-02-2012, 05:22 PM posted to rec.arts.tv,uk.rec.gardening,alt.talk.creationism,rec.sport.football.college,alt.philosophy
Wombat Wombat is offline

Default I have a question about Downtown Abbey.

On Feb 4, 6:06*pm, Tater Cole wrote:
On Feb 4, 9:31*am, Wombat wrote:
On Feb 4, 3:26*pm, xyzzy wrote:

On Feb 3, 5:16*pm, Tater Cole wrote:

Downtown Abbey is a pretty good program on BBC America. However,
actual research suggests that British aristocracy treated most of the
domestic class like animals. In fact, I believe some hunting dogs had
it much better than your typical laundry maid. Yes, the Butler and
Housekeeper were treated with respect, but still, seems like this
program is quite inaccurate regarding the Victorian domestic class.
Maybe it's simply liberal Brit revisionist history at work again,
through the auspices of 'high entertainment' by the BBC.

I am cornfused. I wanted to visit Downton Abbey and see some of the
Grantham family history. *I Learned on the documentary series that
it's in North Yorkshire but google maps has it in Wiltshire.

How do you report errors to google maps?

Also any travel tips for visiting there would be appreciated.

TIA!

Ist, for everyone, the title is Downton Abbey. *It is fiction.
2nd, it was filmed at Highclere Castle in Hampshire.
3rd, Downton is a village in Wiltshire.

I'm not sure where you're getting your information.
It's most definitely 'Downtown Abbey'
Please don't comment unless you can be accurate.

Look it up. Googling Downtown Abbey defaults to Downton Abbey.
Methinks 'you' shouldn't comment, unless the name was changed mid-
Atlantic. It was Downton Abbey on BBC 1 and Dutch television.