Old 20-04-2003, 05:56 PM

Default bumblebees

In to1oa.417$5M.15982@localhost, on 04/18/03
at 09:10 PM, "Queen" said:

Does this hold for wasps too? Last two years, we've had quite an
infestation of them and I'd like to know if there's something we can do
now to avoid them.

Paper wasps aren't a problem, in my experience. Pretty mellow. You can
approach their nests and they won't bother you unless you fool with the
nest. When I was a kid, I used to watch them build nests - never even got
buzzed by one of the wasps.

Yellow jackets are aggressive, and, if there's a nest on yourr property,
you probably want to get rid of it unless it's in an out of the way area
(even yellow jackets have a place in the ecosystem.)

Alan

**** Please use address to reply via e-mail. ****

Posted using registered MR/2 ICE Newsreader #564