Old 08-02-2012, 03:01 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Snag Snag is offline

Default It's about time ...

For me to get started with the plants I want to set out at the end of
March . Last year and the year before I tried those peat disc things (wet
'em and they expand into a little barrel shape) with absolutely dismal
results . This year I'm going to try something different , using potting
soil or starter mix .
I have a decent plastic tray but I need to divide it into compartments . I
was considering shoebox-type cardboard , or maybe some plexiglass strips .
Or I could just go buy some small plastic cups and put holes in the bottom
for drainage .
How do y'all start your sets ? I'll be doing tomatoes , peppers ,
marigolds , and maybe some zucchini and cantalopes . I usually do the stuff
with bigger seeds directly to the ground ...
--
Snag
And this yeear I'll be