Old 08-02-2012, 11:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Paul Luton[_2_] Paul Luton[_2_] is offline

Default Low-growing rapid-spreading ground cover for poor, dry, stony,alkaline soil. (Sunny but windy, Southern plot)?

On 04/02/2012 15:48, Jim xyz wrote:
I'm looking for a reasonably good-looking low rapid-spreading ground cover
for poor, dry, stony, alkaline soil. Some areas of my sunny but windy south
coastal plot, consist af a soil which is about 90% white limestone dust
with only about 10% organic matter. I'd like something that spreads quickly
but is also easy to keep under control. If it keeps it's leaves year-round,
that would be most suitable. Any suggestions?

Thank you...

Helianthemum ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helianthemum