Old 08-02-2012, 01:53 PM posted to rec.arts.tv,uk.rec.gardening,alt.talk.creationism,rec.sport.football.college,alt.philosophy
Thomas R. Kettler Thomas R. Kettler is offline

Default I have a question about Downtown Abbey.

In article
,
Devils Advocaat wrote:

On Feb 8, 2:14*am, Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:
Disculpa Senora Devils Advocaat, pero did you really mime the following
* on 2/7/2012 6:25 PM???

On Feb 7, 10:58 pm, "The Undead Edward M. *wrote:
"Devils *wrote

snip

Why the snippage?

The first electronic programmable computer - the Colossus - was
British built in 1943.

The first American computer of the same sort wasn't fully operational
until 1945.

Okay, "useful versions" applies here.

Indeed, the Brits had a working system before the Americans.

Bullshit - have you heard of the EINAC? It was developed at Penn State
University, in my home sate of Pennsylvania. *That was teh first
computer that actually worked. I'm not sure what this Collosal that you
talk about is - a quick check on Wikipedia reveals nothing about it.

ENIAC wasn't operational until 1946.

The computer I mentioned was called Colossus not Collosal.

You will find the Mark 1 Colossus was up and running in 1943.

And the Mark 2 in 1944.

How do you classify Babbage's machine then?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Babbage
--
Remove blown from email address to reply.