Old 09-02-2012, 04:25 AM posted to rec.gardens,alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Removing 1.5 Acres of Bamboo in Towson, MD

On Feb 8, 2:43*pm, "David E. Ross" wrote:
On 2/7/12 8:26 PM, Harry K wrote:

On Feb 7, 7:47 am, Gunner wrote:
Bamboo is a grass so Roundup is not a very effective option.

The first thing to be done is ID the type bamboo,it may not be a
runner and the cure much easier.
Talk to your county Extention agent, they will be able to direct you
in the right direction and may have low cost options for you the land
owner.

??? *Roundup works very well indeed on grass. *Dunno about bamboo but
I don't see why it wouldn't work there as well.

Harry K

Roundup kills almost any plant. *Grass Getter, Poast, and similar
grass-specific herbicides do not harm most broad-leaf plants.

With both herbicids and insecticides, I tend to favor the kinds that are
specific to the pest I'm trying to kill instead of killing everything in
the neighborhood. *No, I'm not an organic gardener; I'm merely careful.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: *California Mediterranean, see

In the case of bamboo, that will be the only thing in that patch.
Time he gets it killed out he will be looking at bare ground no matter
what he uses.

Harry K