Old 09-02-2012, 12:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Allotment security

"mogga" wrote ...

Martin wrote:

Istr there was once a bell or alarm that sounded like a large, fierce
dog barking!

A hungry alsation has been one idea I thought of. Suspect it wouldn't
be good for the allotment though.

Don't they bury the bones like other dogs do?

It'd need to be a big dog to eat 4 at once though.

Plenty of homeless Staffies at Battersea.

One attacked my sis-in-law last week, came out of nowhere as she was walking
to her front door, tore into her and her show dog, a Rhodesian Ridgeback,
ripping his ears and his neck making him useless for showing in future (he
was due to go to Crufts again in a few weeks) and bit off the top joint of
her finger, luckily they have managed to stitch it back on but still not
sure it will survive and the bone is broken anyway. Ideal type of dog for
your purpose.

--
Regards. Bob Hobden.