Old 09-02-2012, 04:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Help Needed from Over-50's Gardeners.

On 09/02/2012 12:03, Simon Foster wrote:
... I'd also made
the assumption up until now that people would buy the lawn mower that
they'd feel most comfortable using. There are quite probably a lot of
people though who'd sacrifice this comfort for something that gets the
job done quicker, causing their own physical problems, so this is
something I'll have to take into account.

(Also thanks for pointing out the arrow error, it's been corrected.)

Another very significant factor regarding which lawn mower to buy can be
cost. This applies to all garden tools, powered or not. Not all of us
have incomes that match the size of our gardens / lawns / allotment. So
compromises have to be made. So for example I really need a sit on mower
but the cost is prohibitive so I make do with a self propelled petrol
mower - and this involves many hours walking and minor stumbles on
uneven ground (mole runs). It also requires a lot of starting and
stopping if the clippings basket is being used, which in turn requires a
lot of pulling of the starting handle and subsequent pain in the neck
and shoulder. I imagine many people have to make compromises between the
ideal power tool and their budget, especially nowadays with the
recession and incomes struggling to meet daily needs, and increasingly
so with people who have retired and have low pensions.

--
David in Normandy.
by a filter and not reach my inbox.