Old 09-02-2012, 11:26 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by David in Normandy[_8_] View Post

So true! Wish I'd thought to add that to the "Other" problems box. There
are so many leaflets / documents nowadays that are printed so small as
to be useless. Slightly off topic, but the other day at the supermarket,
the cashier gave us some coupons at the checkout. The print was too
small to read so just ended up in the rubbish.
I'm now feeling really grateful for my shortsightedness. I wear varifocals, because with glasses my near sight has gone, and I can't read anything closer than about 3ft. But I've still retained my very close vision, so for anything very small, I take my glasses off and read it at about 6inches. And I can still thread needles and see to take splinters out.

If you watch older people who wear glasses when they're looking at something small, like trying to read an OS map, a good few of them will bend their head and peer over the top of their glasses - they're the short sighted ones, making good use of their close vision. (The others will just push away and mutter about the small sized print).