Old 09-02-2012, 09:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default Help Needed from Over-50's Gardeners.

On 2012-02-08 20:01:11 +0000, Jake Nospam@invalid said:

On Wed, 8 Feb 2012 19:53:28 +0000, Sacha wrote:

Seems a good idea to me. We often grumble about inadequate machinery or
consultation by manufacturers, telly programmers, you name its....
Now's a chance to give an opinion that could be of real use. The
question is posed to over-50s, not 50s, so let us hear from our 50-80
year olds and above, eh? ;-) Most people have a lawn if they have a
garden, after all!

This old codger has completed it. I am particularly impressed by the
way in which the survey allows people to just say they're over 6 stone
if they don't want to admit to anything higher (ok, the arrow points
the wrong way!). I was wondering, though, whether questions about the
size of lawn and width of cut might have helped as the size of the
machine will affect how easily different people can use it and that of
the lawn may lead to buying a bigger one than can easily be handled.

Cheers, Jake

I'd have thought your last point was worth the survey on its own!

My front lawn has a parts that are on a 1:4 gradient. My wife can't push
our lawn mower up the steepest part of the slope at all and I have to be
careful going downhill with it. A lower centre of gravity would help and
more grip on the notional driven roller. It also tries to shake itself
to bits from time to time so better lockbuts would help.

Regards,
Martin Brown