Old 10-02-2012, 05:26 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Low protein vegetables.

DogDiesel wrote:
My doctor is suggesting low protein vegetables for a while. I
have Gout . Which I have been trying to address over a few years with
diet.
Instead of meds. Like Allupurinol and Colchicines.

I've been pretty happy with my managing .

But this is a big fail. Its very bad.

I set it off by eating a couple of deer steaks and making Rabbit
stew. A couple of times in January .

I'm pretty much done with game animals. Which I love so much. Because of
all the crap in our store bought meat.

I've not given much thought to vegetable protein.

But I do make Miso soup which has tofu in it. But Its been a while.

It just seems rather extreme to say that I cant eat certain vegetables
due to protein content.

Any comments.

Diesel.

I find this strange as I would expect the method of reducing protein intake
to be to limit meat, fish, dairy and eggs. If you are going to follow the
doctor's advice stay away from beans, peas and pulses such as lentils, soy
etc and also from products derived from them such as tofu, tempeh. You will
need to monitor your consumption of protein in all forms carefully as there
are deficiency diseases resulting from lack of essentail amino acids that
the body cannot synthesize. But I assume your doctor has already told you
this.